Student AV equipment checkout policies
Students can checkout AV equipment (digital video cameras …etc…) for class projects from the Library and AV/Tech Departments. The following rules apply for their use:
1. You must have a Barlow High School student body picture ID card to borrow AV equipment. No exceptions or substitutions. This card must be turned over to the Library/AV Department at the time you borrow equipment and it will be returned to you when the equipment is returned in its original working condition.
2. AV equipment borrowed during the day needs to be returned before the Library closes at the end of the day.
3. AV equipment can be borrowed overnight. But, you must get a note from a teacher that specifically names you and states that you need the AV equipment to fulfill an assignment.
4. AV equipment borrowed overnight needs to be returned before 1st period begins the following day.
5. AV equipment can be borrowed for more than one night at a time under special circumstances. To do so, you'll need the fill out a form that you, the teacher of the class you need the equipment for and your parent/guardian must sign. You will need to renew the equipment in the Library each day that you keep it.
6. You may not borrow AV equipment if you have any Library or AV items that are overdue.
What will happen if you don’t follow these guidelines?
1. If AV equipment is not returned at the appropriate time, your student ID card will be turned over to the campus monitors. They will contact you and take appropriate action to retrieve the equipment.
2. You will be fined $5.00 a day until the AV equipment is returned.
3. Your AV privileges may be temporarily revoked.
4. Serious offenders may lose AV privileges for a semester or longer.
5. You will be charged for all damage and loss of AV equipment.
AV equipment is expensive, so take care of the gear you borrow and bring them back so others can use them!
|Last Updated: 12/2/16|